Supports 802.11ac tri-band Wi-Fi standard ranges up to 3200Mbps for low-latency online gaming, smooth 4K UHD video playback and extremely fast file-sharing. ASUS equipped with high performance antennas to work on beamforming technology for first class Wi-Fi range. ASUS Router App allow us to control our network from anywhere. It supports USB 3.0 port for 10X-faster data transfers than USB 2.0.
Port Forwarding with Firewall
ASUS Buit-in firewall blocks incoming traffic to secure our internal network we have to allow sometimes Port forwarding with firewall in Asus RT , for CCTV or for game zones . To do this we need to follow following steps but be sure that you have setup a static IP Device for which you have plan to forward the port :
- Login to your Asus RT-AC3200 router, default IP 168.1.1
- Go to the port forwarding section.
- Click on WAN
- Click on Virtual Server / Port Forwarding
- Create port forward entry.
Configuring Private Internet Access (PIA) through ASUS-RT
- First Download the openVPN configuration files from the link https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/openvpn/openvpn.zip .
- Unzip a .Opvn file from the download. Each one is for a different location ie US, Aus, UK , india etc.
- Download the .Crt file named ca.rsa.2048.crt and the file named crl.rsa.2048.pem
- Go to VPN in AC3200 settings.
- Click the VPN Client tab.
- Add new profile.
- Select the OpenVPN option.
- Give description.
- Put in your user name and password.
- When it asks import opvn file select the upload file and select the opvn file (unzipped IN 2ND STEP ). Hit upload.
- Tick import the ca option and upload the CA. Select the .crt file and upload.
- Open the .Pem file in notebook or esfile Explorer on a phone and copy all the text.
- When it asks manual setting, hit edit. It will bring up a menu with 5 cert boxes. The top one will be pre filled from the crt file. paste the pem file text into the bottom box (cert revocation list) and save.
- Ok the settings then activate the VPN.
- There must be a blue tick to confirm it’s active. Test on the PIA website, it confirms about protection.